These steps will allow you to add a Khoury printer to Windows 10.
Adding a printer to a Khoury managed staff Windows 10 Desktop
- Click the Windows button (bottom left of the screen)
- Type \\win-print and hit enter
- Right-click on the printer you wish to add and click connect
- This will automatically configure the printer with the appropriate drivers and you will be all set.
Browse for the desired printer
- Head to https://print.ccs.neu.edu:631/printers/ to browse the list of available printers.
- Click on the desired printer name and note the name and url. For the purposes of this document we will use the printer name Reliable at https://print.ccs.neu.edu:631/printers/reliable.
Install a Printer
Go to Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
Select Add a printer or scanner.
Wait for it to attempt find nearby printers.
- When searching has finished select The printer that I want isn't listed
- Click on Select a shared printer by name and enter the following:
https://print.ccs.neu.edu:631/printers/reliable (change "reliable" with the name of the printer that you selected in the first section of this document)
and click Next.
- You will be prompted to select a Manufacturer and Driver in the Add Printer Wizard. Select HP as the manufacturer and HP LaserJet A4/Letter PCL6 Class Driver as the driver and click OK.
- Windows will confirm that the printer was successfully added. Click Next and then Finish to close the wizard.
- The printer will now be listed under Printers & Scanners in the Windows Settings app.
Set the default printer (optional)
- To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings . Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage. Then select Set as default. If you have Let Windows manage my default printer selected, you'll need to deselect it before you can choose a default printer on your own.
- In Windows 10, your default can be the printer you last used. To turn on this mode, open Start and select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Select the checkbox beside Let Windows manage my default printer.
Configure Duplex Printing
After installation, if the printer is not able to print both sides then you must configure duplex settings.
- Select the Start button and then Settings . Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage.
- Click on Printer Properties.
- Click on Device Settings Tab.
- Under Installable Options change the setting in the Duplex Unit drop down option to Installed.
- Click on Apply and then OK.