This article describes the current Khoury disk quota policy. If you have any questions about this policy, please send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to read the frequently asked questions list at the end of this page before sending mail.
Here are the default quota amounts. All accounts have at least this amount of space.
|Account Type||Home Directory Quota|
|Non-Khoury majors||1200 MB|
|Khoury majors||1440 MB|
|Khoury grads||2400 MB|
|Khoury phds||2400 MB|
Frequently Asked Questions
- I appreciate the disk space, but I still need more than that, can you help me? Khoury College is committed to providing the resources needed to serve its academic and research missions. Alternate disk space (typically space in /proj) can be requested if:
- you need it for class or research materials (i.e. not for personal web space or other non-Khoury related data).
- you do not already have an alternative source of space at Khoury (e.g. in
- your current space is already cleaned and compressed where possible/reasonable.
- a faculty member or the Dean is willing to approve this request.
- How can I tell how much space I am using and how much I have left? If logged into a Windows desktop with your Khoury account, you can right click on your home directory and click Properties to see details of your usage.
- Where did my disk space For a general idea of the disk usage of your Home Directory, you can run this command:
du --exclude=.snapshot -h --max-depth=1 ~ | sort -hr. For a detailed summary of your disk allocation, running this command often helps:
du --exclude=.snapshot ~ | sort -nr | more. It is pretty common for people's browser cache to use up a considerable amount of space. Try clearing your cache and see if that helps.
- I'd be under quota if it weren't for directory, can I remove it? Your
.snapshotdirectory is not counted in your quota. (That’s why the previous answer says to use “--exclude=.snapshot”.) The
.snapshotdirectory is part of our online recovery system and cannot be removed.
- I seem to have the wrong user type, so my quota is wrong. How do I get this fixed? Please send an email to email@example.com detailing what account type you currently have and what account type you should have.
Other questions? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.